Saturday, August 12, 2017

I trust him - Conte on Morata as the Chelsea striker admits critics are already "killing" him


Conte reveals he trusts Morata as a striker - The Spanish striker joined Chelsea on a club record fee of £70m - Morata admits to pressure after his penalty miss in the community shield defeat to Arsenal Chelsea’s gaffer Antonio Conto has passed a vote of confidence on record signing Alvaro Morata by saying he is a “player he trust a lot”. The London club broke their club transfer record to sign the Spanish striker from Real Madrid last month for a club record of £70m. In addition to his hefty transfer fee, Morata also has to deal with filling the boots of blues forward Diego Costa. Morata is the one I trust – Conte reveals Costa was shown the exit doors by Conte after becoming an apparent disruption during the back-end of last season’s title-winning campaign. READ ALSO: PSG closing on AS Monaco's Kylian Mbappe Following a poor debut against Arsenal in last Sunday’s Community Shield finale many believe Morata may not be suited to the rough-and-tumble of the Premier League. However, Chelsea’s boss Conto, is confident the attacker will adjust just fine at Stamford Bridge and also adjusts to a new formation and tactics. Morata on the other hand admits he has started feeling the pressure that comes with his ‘big money’ transfer, after his dismal penalty miss in community defeat to against arsenal. READ ALSO: Barcelona want the signing of Real Madrid star Marco Asensio When asked by Marca if the price-tag was weighing on him, Morata replied: 'I admit it's a very big amount, but I have the personality to play quietly and go my way. 'I have had only two pre-season games, 15 competitive minutes and a missed penalty... and they're already killing me, so I know what's ahead. 'It is the price that must be paid for such a large transfer. And it's something that motivates me and makes me work harder every day. I know twice as many people are paying attention to me.' 'But I won all the titles except for the Champions League. I have scored 15 or 16 goals and won titles. And other strikes have scored 35 and not won anything.' PAY ATTENTION: Get the latest sport news on NAIJ.com Sports App The Spain international also revealed that joining Chelsea was an easy decision to make due to an existing professional relationship with Conte. 'I knew Conte loved me,' he revealed. 'I had talked to him many times. In a way, I felt indebted to him because I signed for Juventus and he had to go. 'Actually, at first I did not realise I was so interested in signing, but when I found out about their interest I did not hesitate. It was my preferred move.' 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to earn cool Money with Part-time job

http://DoPartTimeJob.com/?user=1170799 The link above is an online business plan. It is simplified a bit for this page, so we encourage...